Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fish Tacos!



I love tacos. I really do love them so much. I could eat them everyday! Fish tacos, chicken tacos, beef tacos are all so tasty and feel so good in my belly!

In April my husband and I went to Mexico and before that I had never eaten fish tacos (I know crazy right?!!) I've eaten other tacos but not fish....so on our first day there while we waited for our room to be ready we went to the cafe on the beach and ordered fish tacos. They were the best thing I had ever eaten. Seriously. I think I ate fish tacos every day while we were there!



We came home and I kind of forget about them but continued to make beef and chicken tacos. Then a couple weeks ago I was at my grocery store and they had samples of fish tacos using tilipia. I almost went to taco heaven as soon as my lips touched that delicious taco! I got the recipe from the guy, purchased all the ingredients and made them that night! They were AMAZING!

Here's the recipe that was adapted from Sobey's.

Ingredients:

8 Original Tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup Cilantro Chili Lemon Grilling Sauce, divided
2 limes, juiced, divided
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 pkg Tilapia Fillets, thawed and patted dry
1 cup shredded red cabbage (I just used coleslaw mix)
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced

Directions:

1 - Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Set wrapped tortillas on top rack to warm through, 2 to 3 min. Season tilapia with salt and pepper, and brush with grilling sauce. Place fillets on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, 7 to 8 min. Transfer to a platter.

2 - In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cilantro, 1 tbsp (15 mL) grilling sauce and 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice.

3 - FLAKE fish gently with a fork, drizzle with remaining lime juice and arrange on a platter with cabbage (the second time I made them I used romaine lettuce, as seen in pic above!), avocados, cilantro cream and tortillas. Garnish with cilantro leaves.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look so good! I'm definitely adding them to my menu this week!