Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Flour-less Brownie Cupcakes....mmmmm



I love chocolate. Like really, really love it. It should have it's own food group. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to chocolate and have certain types that I like and dislike.

Dislike:
- those *chocolatey* bunnies you get from the dollar store or walmart at Easter or the Santa's at Christmas - ya those are NOT real chocolate. Those are simulated chocolate flavoring - gross!!
- milk chocolate. Eeek! I can't get over it! Like a jersey milk chocolate bar - I'd rather do 10 burpess than eat a jersey milk! Or the Lindt milk chocolate, bleh! I may make an exception for milk chocolate that has nuts in it. But it has to be the good stuff.

Likes:
- fine chocolate's from around the world. Give me a box of Belgium chocolates and a bottle of wine from France (they are right beside each other....you can't go to one without visiting the other) and I will be your best friend forever. If you go and don't bring me those two items back, well then we need to seriously re-evaluate our friendship. Chocolate and wine are NOT joking matters.
- Godiva Chocolates
- Purdy's chocolates. I haven't actually had these chocolates yet but I did watch a tv show on them and they look friggen amazing!! I'd be willing to be a taste tester for them (call me:) )
- M&M peanuts. Enough said.

While I do indulge on occasion I try not to eat chocolate every single day. These healthier brownies look amazing and will definitely help with my cravings! (I also drink chocolate shakeology which is delicious to help with cravings! This is coming from a chocolate connoisseur so believe me it's good!)

Flour-less Brownie Cupcakes (recipe and pic courtesy of teambeachbody.com)
These dark chocolate cupcakes are delicious, and surprisingly healthy.

Total Time: 22 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield:12 servings, 1 cupcake each

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
½ cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!


Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 160
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 47 mg
Sodium: 179 mg
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 12 g
Protein: 4 g

No comments: