Monday, August 31, 2015

EN ROUTE TO BEACHBODY’S COACH SUMMIT 2015 IN NASHVILLE





Wow. Is this real life? Am I actually sitting in the airport in Philadelphia, waiting to connect to my next flight to Nashville – to the biggest Beachbody event of the year? For the longest time I didn’t think this would actually happen. I mean I knew I would get here eventually, but to actually be experiencing this is amazing.
I have watched the live streaming of Summit for the past two years and each time it moves me a little more – hearing the success stories of coaches, how Beachbody has transformed their lives financially, and how using the programs have completely changed their health. Seeing the passion in the CEO’s speeches, his desire to help all of the coaches have successful businesses, and his desire to end the the trend of obesity is contagious! Last year I was sitting on my bed watching the event, promising myself that I would do anything I could to get myself here… and now here I am!
Being a coach isn’t always easy. As with anything, I have my own doubts and fears. There have been hard days – days when I thought I couldn’t do this, days where I thought about giving up, days when I would lay awake in bed at night and wonder if I am doing the right thing, days when I doubted my own weight loss success and wondered “why would anyone want me as their coach when I’m not even at my goal weight?”
There have been days when my challengers message me saying they feel so much better now that they are exercising and eating well, days when my challengers post their non-scale victories (NSV), like picking a healthier option, taking the stairs rather than the elevator, completing their workout without having to do the modifier, or telling me that real food tastes so much better than processed junk. There are days when I hear from one of my clients that she needs to get new clothes because everything she owns is now too big, days when I get a message saying a client lost 12 pounds in 21 days, and days when one of my challengers messages me asking how they too can be a coach! When I doubt myself I remember these moments and they keep me going.
As I sit here in the airport restaurant sipping my coffee, surrounded by people travelling to different locations, surrounded by people travelling to different locations, I have tears in my eyes because of how fortunate I am. In just a few hours I will be meeting some incredible people in person whom, for years, I’ve only known online! Tomorrow I get to workout with Shaun T. and on Friday I will get to workout with Chalene Johnson! On Saturday all the coaches are closing down a street in Nashville so we can all do a workout together – 20,000+ people who all share the common interest of helping people in any way that we can.
I have some major goals with my business and I know this trip is going to motivate the shit out of me to get it done!

No comments: