Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Do genetics play a role in your size?

There's lots of debate about whether genetics plays a role in your body size, some people say it does, some say it doesn't.

I say it does! My parents sides of the family are complete opposites; my mom's side are Italians who love to eat and they were bigger people. Not huge, just taller and leaner. My dad's side is Italian as well but they also had Irish and were taller and skinny.

I'm fairly certain I got my Mom's side of the family genes and my sister got my Dad's side of the family genes!

My sister and I are completely different in terms of shape and size! She's barely 5 ft tall and maybe 110lbs, she can eat like there is no tomorrow and not gain weight. I on the other hand am 5ft 6" and if I look at a hamburger and gain 3lbs. Not fair!!

My sister and I :)



But I realized a while ago that despite the genes that were given to me I had two choices; I could eat my way into a life of misery or realize that every day I will have to make smart choices so I don't gain a lot of weight.

I want to prove to myself that my genes don't dictate my body size, I do :)

No comments: