Monday, January 25, 2016

Healthy Fried Rice


One of my favourite dishes to get for take out is Fried Rice but I have found lately that when we order it for dinner it is lacking in flavor!  There aren’t nearly enough vegetables and the rice is usually hard and gross. So I finally decided to make my own!  I could seriously sit down and eat the whole giant bowl I made but will restrict my daily consumption to ¾ of a cup. Le sigh.  You can add more protein to this by adding chicken, another egg and feel free to add more vegetables!  If you do add more veggies you may want to add a bit more soya sauce and use a bit more cooking spray for the vegetables.

 

Healthy Fried Rice!

 

Ingredients

- 2 cups of cooked brown rice, cooled in the fridge

- 2 carrots diced

- 3 green onions diced

- ¼ of an onion diced

- 1 cup of frozen peas

- 2 tsp of garlic

- 1 tbsp of butter and or cooking spray

- 2 eggs scrambled

- 3 tbsp low sodium soya sauce

- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil

- Pepper to taste and salt if you need it!



 

Instructions:

1 - Cook rice according to package, once cooked, cool in fridge while preparing the vegetables ( I spread my rice out on a cooking sheet to cool evenly).

2- Add carrots, onions, garlic and peas to pan that has been sprayed with pam or 1 tbsp of melted butter. Sautee for 5 minutes.

3 РAdd egg and green onions, saut̩e for 3 minutes

4 – Add cooked rice, soya sauce and sesame oil.  Fry the rice with the veggies for 2 minutes and then serve!

 

For those doing the 21 day fix, ¾ of a cup of this would be 3 tsp, 1 orange, 1 yellow, ½ red, and ½ a green.

No comments: