Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I am who I am

I want you all to know that I have daily struggles just like you! I try and be as honest as I can on this page so you can know that you are not alone in your journey.

I struggle with eating well consistently. In my first round of the 21 day fix I lost 12lbs and the second round, I wasn't as committed as I was in the first round and only lost 3lbs. Food has been my go to place for when I was sad, angry and upset. I am trying very hard to change that but still find myself walking towards the kitchen when I get upset.

I eat really well during the week but then on the weekends I struggle. I have gotten a lot better; rarely eat fast food, cut down big time on my chocolate and candy intake but I still eat a bit of it on the weekends. I use food as a reward for doing really well during the week, which I need to change! It's just sabotaging all my hard work and it makes me feel like crap!

For a long time I wished I had a different body, a different metabolism but now I am embracing it. I was given this body and I have to make the most of it. There is no point in not being happy with what I have, it just makes me upset and sad. I know I will never be a size 2 or 4, or even a 6 ( I have wide hips!). I know I have to be consistent with what I eat or I will gain weight very quickly. It's taken me some time to figure these things out and now that I have, I feel a lot better about myself and where I am going on my journey.

Please know that I am not perfect! I will never be petite. I will always love chocolate. I will always be curvy. I will always love french fries. I will never be a size 4.

But I will always be me and I hope I can inspire you to be you, to be happy and find your own love for health and fitness <3

No comments: