Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I got some flack from a stranger yesterday.....




I got some flack yesterday from someone in the aerobics class I was in and want to share something with everyone….

After I had my first son I weighed about 275lbs. I was not happy with myself and one night I decided that was enough and began to run. The first run I thought I was going to die. Then it slowly became easier and easier. I lost 80lbs then decided I wanted to become a personal trainer to help others. During my course I continued to lose weight and went down to 165lbs. I was in the best shape of my life.

I ran a boot camp at 530am, I ran 5km's on my lunch break, I trained clients in the evenings. (when I train clients I also workout with them, none of this me telling you what to do while I laze around on the sidelines!!) I was in the best shape of my life and felt incredible. I was 165lbs but I was fit, healthy and toned so I didn't care what the number on the scale was. During my workouts I would get a HUGE rush of endorphins that made me want to push harder, be faster and do more. It was one of the best feelings I had ever had. Knowing that I could run 5km in about 20 minutes and actually run the whole time was amazing!!!

I am not at my goal weight yet but the 21 day fix has proved to me that I can do this again and some days I do more workouts than just the 21 day fix. I do this because this is what I need. I don't do it for praise, or to be a hero. I do it because it makes me feel good, strong and happy. At about the 20-30 minute mark during my workouts I get a second rush of energy and feel like I could go on forever! This is what gives me the extra push to do more. I have 35lbs more lbs I want to lose and I am focused on my goal.

The person said something along the lines of that I am pushing myself too hard and doing too much. I can understand that coming from a stranger so I explained to them that everyone is different and some days I like to do more because I have the energy for it.

That being said, every one of us is different, every one of us has different goals and things we want to achieve. You do what feels right for you. No one other than you can determine that. You have to listen to your body and respect it. (but also know when to push yourself when you need it!)

No comments: