Thursday, September 18, 2014

They say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one…..


For my whole life I have always felt that I was destined for great things. I have had this feeling in my heart and soul for as long as I can remember that my purpose in life is to help others.

In school I did my best to be kind to the kids who were being picked on. I always smiled at them, said hi, even when I was getting teased.  I found myself daydreaming a lot about life and how things would be when I got older.  I volunteered at seniors homes, with under privileged kids coaching basketball.  All throughout my career I have made a point to smile to people in the hallways, be kind, treat others like I would want to be treated and do my best at my job.

But during this time I wasn't a big fan of working for someone else. Yes I got a pay cheque and benefits but having to ask someone if I could take time off to go to a doctor's appointment or watch my son's class Christmas concert just irked me!  This is my time, my life, I should be able to do what I want, when I want!  The ridiculous stress that people get from not getting a document done on time or fixing a small software system glitch made me annoyed!  Come on people, we are not curing cancer here, we are working on a computer system.

Life is here to be lived.  Yes we need money for bills, clothes, food, our kids but shouldn't we do something we love? Something that makes your heart beat a little faster? Something that brings a huge smile to your face. Something that makes a difference in this world?  Something that helps others?

I'm an entrepreneur at heart. I love working for myself. I love making my own hours. I love working when I want to work. I love hard work. I love challenges. I love doing what makes me happy. I love learning, growing and helping others achieve their dreams.


My perfect life would be to drive my babies to school every day.  Volunteer in their classrooms a couple times a week. Work on my business while they are at school. Do my workouts, take a yoga class, have conference calls with my team to plan our next few months.  Try a new recipe a few times a week, do a load of laundry every day, have quality time with my kids and husband in the evenings. Travel to team conferences a few times a year. Take a winter vacation (or two) with my family.  Wear yoga pants and long sweaters all winter long and get rid of the dress pants!

This type of life just doesn’t happen.  I can dream all I want but unless I make sacrifices now for the life I want, nothing will happen. I will continue to work for someone else, make them money and not have the work life balance that I deserve. So in the next 3 months I will be working my butt off to make my dreams into goals and my goals into a reality for me. The possibilities are endless on what I can do with my business! I will help at least 100 people between now and December 31, 2014 start their health and fitness journey. I will help 5 of my coaches make their dreams into a reality.
This is my purpose.  After years of soul searching, daydreaming, wishing, thinking I now know what I have to do to make my dreams my life. It's time to stop dreaming and to start doing.

I will plan those vacations, buy some new yoga pants and sweaters and do that laundry like no one's business! ;)


2 comments:

Rosemarie said...

Go get it Roxanne! You can do this. You were meant for great things and you've got what it takes. xoxoxo

Roxanne said...

Thanks Mom :)