Friday, May 23, 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 1



The last couple of weeks I have not been feeling well, I've had a terrible cold that seems to be lingering, aches everywhere, no energy, fever on and off and no appetite. I'm sure it's a lingering virus and I will get over it soon. It has caused my weight to stall and I have definitely noticed some muscle definition disappearing so last night I decided that today (may 22, 2014) I would start a personal 30 day journey to lose at least 15lbs.

I did two rounds of the 21 day fix and lost 19lbs in total, which is awesome! But my weight has stalled and I know I need to kick things into high gear to reach my goal. I decided to document everything I do and eat and post it on my blog.

I will have to sacrifice some things but anything worth doing involves some sort of sacrifice!l I will be doing the 21 day fix nutrition plan, 21 day fix workouts and the t25 workouts.

Today is Day 1!

I woke up with my new morning ritual of being thankful as soon as I wake up. I thank the universe for my children, my husband, my family, my health and I continue to give thanks until I get my kids up. I was not feeling well this morning so it could have been very easy for me to be grumpy, angry that my body still aches but I choose not to. It's not going to make things better if I am angry so why not be happy and grateful which has a much more positive effect than anger?! I am also finding I have more patience with the kids during our morning routine which in turns makes them more willing to help out, get dressed and out the door on time...Total win win!
Don't get me wrong, I still got an "I hate you" this morning from my littlest guy because he couldn't wear his flip flops to school, so it's not rainbows and unicorns.
Food Journal:

Breakfast 630am - half an english muffin with a little strawberry jam, glass of water.
Snack 9am - large coffee with 1 cream and 1 sweetener, chocolate shakeology mixed with water

Lunch - 12 whole grain crackers with one piece of laughing cow cheese, 1.5 cups of cucumber, 1 apple, half a slice of pizza, a sweet seed bar
Snack - small slice of whole grain bread with a bit of peanut butter

Dinner - 1 slice of whole grain toast with tomatoes, lettuce and 1 slice of bacon.

Snack - handful of microwave popcorn

Workout - 21 day fix pilates

Water - 5 cups

I definitely did NOT have enough water today. I always struggle with that! It makes me pee a lot so I tend not to drink it if I know I have to go somewhere, otherwise I am constantly looking for a bathroom and it gets annoying! I've always had a small bladder and now after having 3 kids thing are worse!

I was hungry when I got home from my son's soccer practice at 9pm so I had a small handful of popcorn, a glass of water and a chai decaf tea ( I always drink my tea black!) and went to bed!

It was a good first day! :)

No comments: